Wednesday, July 31, 2019

CAN A LEOPARD CHANGE ITS SPOTS?




BLOG 21 – 7/31/2019                  CAN A LEOPARD CHANGE ITS SPOTS?               English / Español



I knew a man whose name was Bob. He had the worst temper of any man I have ever known. However, when he lost his temper, I always seemed to be able to get him to calm down. Because of his bad temper a lot of problems existed in his marriage. At times, he lost his temper so badly he threatened to kill his wife. When she felt threatened, she called and asked me to go to their apartment. In the middle of the night there were several times I had to go to their apartment. I didn’t think much about putting my life in danger. However, Bob owned a gun. At times, he threatened to use his gun to kill his wife. Looking back, I realize I could have been killed.  



A leopard can’t change its spots. The same thing is true when it comes to our human nature. We can’t change our sinful nature. The Apostle Paul says, “I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.” Romans 7:15 NIV. Isn’t it true we also are in  the same predicament?



There is good news! If we put our faith and trust in God, He has the power to change who we are and to become who He wants us to be.



“The Memoirs of One Man’s Journey Through Time”

Website: cpaulwooderson.com





 

BLOG 21 – 7/31/2019        ¿PUEDE UN LEOPARDO CAMBIAR SUS SPOTS?        English / Español



Conocí a un hombre que se llamaba Bob. Tenía el peor genio de cualquier hombre que haya conocido. Sin embargo, cuando perdió lo genio, siempre parecía ser capaz de conseguir que se calmara. Debido a su mal genio existían muchos problemas en su matrimonio. A veces, perdió lo genio tanto que amenazó con matar a su esposa. Cuando se sintió amenazada, me llamó y me pidió que fuera a su apartamento. En el medio de la noche había varias veces que tuve que ir a su apartamento. No pensé mucho en poner mi vida en peligro. Sin embargo, Bob tenía una pistola. A veces, amenazó con usar su pistola para matar a su esposa. Mirando hacia atrás, me doy cuenta de que podría haber sido asesinado.



Un leopardo no puede cambiar sus manchas. Lo mismo es cierto cuando se trata de nuestra naturaleza humana. No podemos cambiar nuestra naturaleza pecaminosa. El apóstol Pablo dice: "No entiendo lo que me pasa, pues no hago lo que quiero, sino lo que aborrezco.”  Romanos 7:15 NIV. ¿No es cierto que también estamos en el mismo aprieto?



¡Hay buenas noticias! Si ponemos nuestra fe y confianza en Dios, tiene el poder de cambiar lo que somos y de llegar a ser lo que Él quiere que seamos.


 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment