Wednesday, July 3, 2019

BLOG 17 - 7/3/2019                                                                                               English / Español

One of the deacons at Bethel Baptist Church was like a surrogate father to me. Every now and then he called me at the church office just to find out if I was okay. Sometimes, instead of a phone call, he walked into my office to visit me. When I made hospital visits, if I felt it was important to have another person with me, I knew I could count on him accompanying me. I felt like I could talk to him about most anything and our conversations would be kept confidential. When he died, I felt as if I had lost a great friend and as though he was a member of my human family.

In God's family the "circle will never be unbroken." His Spirit is living within me. I know He is always available. I can talk to Him about anything. If I "listen to His voice" He will guide me down the right path. He gives me strength to face any situation. I may not be conscious of it, but God is active in the world. He is protecting me. A man was quoted as saying: "If there is any one thing about which I never have any question, it is that the decision to follow Christ does for a man what nothing else on earth can do."

                                                                          "The Memoirs of One Man's Journey Through Time"
                                                                                                            Website: cpaulwooderson.com


Uno de los diáconos de la iglesia Bautista Bethel era como un padre sustituto para mí. De vez en cuando me llamaba a la oficina de la iglesia sólo para averiguar si estaba bien. A veces, en lugar de una llamada telefónica, entró en mi oficina para visitarme. Cuando hice visitas al hospital, si sentía que era importante tener a otra persona conmigo, sabía que podia contar con él acompañándome. Sentí que podia hablar con él sobre casi cualquier cosa y nuestras conversaciones se mantendrían confidenciales. Cuando murió, sentí como si hubiera perdido a un gran amigo y como si fuera un miembro de mi familia humana.

En la familia de Dios, el "círculo nunca será ininterrumpido". Su Espíritu vive dentro de mí. Sé que siempre está disponible. Puedo hablarle de cualquier cosa. Si "escucho Su voz" Me guiará por el camino correcto. Me da la fuerza para enfrentar cualquier situación. Puede que no sea consciente de ello, pero Dios está activo en el mundo. Me está protegiendo. Se citó a un hombre diciendo: "Si hay algo de lo que nunca tengo ninguna pregunta, es que la decision de seguir a Cristo hace por un hombre lo que nada más en la tierra puede hacer."    

No comments:

Post a Comment