Sunday, January 17, 2021

 

BLOG 89    TEMPTATION    1/17/2021

“Blessed is a man who perseveres under trial…” (James 1:12, NASB)

 

The other day I read an article about a man who grew-up in a family who did not believe in God. The young man became a Christian. When he told his family that he had committed his life to Jesus Christ, the family disowned him. It must have been a painful experience! Already his faith in God was being tested. The young man had to make a choice. Was he going to be a chameleon “type of Christian” or was he going to live for the Lord?

 

When I was a child, I had a chameleon. I remember I enjoyed putting the small lizard on different articles of my clothing. I enjoyed seeing his skin color change rapidly. A chameleon “type of Christian” blends in with his surroundings. He wants to be accepted by the crowd.

 

My faith in Jesus has been tested many times. The writer of James tells me if I continue to make Jesus the Lord of my life, I will prove I am a genuine Christian.

 

James 5:11 says Christians who endure the times of testing because of their faith will be blessed. They will indeed be happy.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment