Saturday, January 9, 2021

 

BLOG #88    A CHOSEN PEOPLE #4

 

Often the neighborhood kids would get together to play softball. The two captains took turns in selecting who they wanted on their team. Naturally, the captains wanted the best ball players. Usually, the captains chose me only because I was the only one left. I felt unwanted.

 

The Old Testament says God’s chosen people were the Israelites (the Jews). God gave them the responsibly to be His witnesses in the world, but were they? The Israelites had the attitude that the Gentiles (non-Jewish people) were unclean.

 

In the New Testament the Apostle Paul talks about the equal status of the Jew and the Gentile. Ephesians 3:6, NASB says, “… the Gentiles are fellow heirs and fellow members of the body, and fellow partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel. ALWAYS REMEMBER:

 

            IN CHRIST I AM BLESSED (Ephesians 1:3)

                        IN CHRIST I AM CHOSEN (Ephesians 1:4),

                                    IN CHRIST I AM PREDESTINED - by divine official order (Ephesians 1:5)

                                                IN CHRIST I AM ACCEPTED - highly favored (Ephesians 1:6).  

 

 

        

 

No comments:

Post a Comment