Friday, September 4, 2020

 

THE BASICS OF PRAYER #3

BLOG #71      The Prayer of Rededication      9/4/2020

 

I was only eight-years old when I became a Christian. It happened in 1952, in a little village church located in Brimson, Missouri. It was one of the greatest experiences of my life. I was so excited about my new-found faith that I felt compelled to do something special for the Lord.

By myself, I took a survey in a housing division called the Fairgrounds. I knocked on the doors of thirty-five houses. I found out there were a total of one hundred fifteen people who lived in that housing division. Twenty-nine of the residents professed to be Christians. I walked back home. I gave my father my report. Then I asked him to give the paper to our pastor.

To the church in Laodicea the Lord said: “… you are neither cold nor hot, I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm - neither cold nor hot- I am about to spit you out of my mouth” (Revelation 3:15-16, NIV).

My dear Christian friends, have you lost your enthusiasm to live for the Lord? If you are lukewarm in your desire to live for the Lord, you need to rededicate your life to the Lord.

David prayed: “Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me”(Psalm 51:10, NVI). 

Merrill F. Unger says it’s “the successive steps of a sinning believer who is restored to full fellowship and service to God.”

No comments:

Post a Comment