Thursday, February 20, 2020

                                         THE MORAL TEST OF LOVE - PART TWO
                                                            BLOG #43 - 2/20/2020

What does the word "moral" mean? It means to be capable of making the distinction between right and wrong. In 1 John 4:7 the NIV version of the Bible says, "Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God." That is, let us love one another in the moral sense, for the love of God is tender, loving, and charitable. Everyone who is born or delivered of God knows Him. He has knowledge and a real understanding of who God is.

The Pharisees asked Jesus, what is the greatest commandment in the Law? Jesus replied: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul and with all your mind" (Matthew 22:37, NIV). That is, to love God supremely, more than you do anybody else or any other thing. Submit your intellect to His will. Then Jesus said the second greatest commandment is: "To love your neighbor as yourself" (Matthew 22:39, NIV).

It's a tall order for me to love my neighbor as myself. I know that I can't do it on my own. However, the source of love comes from God. It's only through Him that I can love my neighbor as myself. Jesus love me more than Himself. I know it because He died on the Cross for my sins. He arose from the grave so I can be forgiven of my sins and inherit eternal life. My friends, what He has done for me He can also do for you.

                                "The Memoirs of One Man's Journey Through Time"
                                                Website: cpaulwooderson.com
                                                               amazon.com 

1 comment: