Tuesday, June 11, 2019

                              BLOG 14 - 6/11/2019                           English / Español

Many times, I have realized I am an imperfect being. Many times, I have realized I can be easily controlled by my weaknesses. Many times, I have realized some temptations are hard to resist.

One of those times I couldn't resist a temptation was when I asked Grandpa Wooderson if I could feed the horse, Caroline. He said yes, then told me to go down inside the barn. "Climb up the side of the bin, then reach over, and get a handful of corn for Caroline," he said. On the way down to the barn I noticed something that before I had not noticed. I saw a trapdoor on the outside of the barn. It happened to be in the same area of the corn bin. I thought to myself it would be easier if I opened the trap door. Almost immediately, I noticed Grandpa was running toward me and he looked like an angry bull "out of the china closet." I KNEW I WAS IN TROUBLE... the rest of the story is in the book, "The Memoirs of One Man's Journey Through Time." cpaulwooderson.com

The Bible makes it clear we are imperfect. We can easily be controlled by our weaknesses. Sometimes, we give in to temptation. When we do something wrong in God's sight, we are guilty of a sin. Then "a barrier is erected" between us and God. The GOOD NEWS is if we admit to the Lord we have sinned and repent of it, the Lord will "wash away that sin." The "barrier" is taken down and we no longer are separated from God.  


Muchas veces, me he dado cuenta de que soy un ser imperfecto. Muchas veces, me he dado cuenta de que puedo ser fácilmente controlado por mis debilidades. Muchas veces, me he dado cuenta de que algunas tentaciones son difíciles de resistir.

Una de las veces que no pude resistir una tentación fue cuando le pregunté al abuelo Wooderson si podía alimentar al caballo, Caroline. Dijo que sí, y luego me dijo que fuera dentro del granero. " Sube por el costado del contenedor. luego alcanza y consigue un puñado de maíz para Caroline", dijo. En el camino hacia el granero noté algo que antes no me había dado cuenta. Vi una trampilla en el exterior del granero. Pasó a estar en la misma zona del cubo de maíz. Pensé que sería más fácil si abriera la trampilla. Casi de inmediato, noté que el abuelo corría hacia mí y se veía como un toro enojado "fuera del armario de China." SABÍA QUE ESTABA EN PROBLEMAS... el resto de la historia está en el libro.

La Biblia aclara que somos imperfectos. Podemos ser controlados fácilmente por nuestras debilidades. A veces, nos damos a la tentación. Cuando hacemos algo mal a la vista de Dios, estamos culpable de un pecado. Entonces "se levanta una barrera" entre nosotros y Dios. La buena noticia es que si admitimos al Señor hemos pecado y nos arrepentimos de ello, el Señor "lavará ese pecado." La "barrera" es derribó y ya no estamos separados de Dios.  

No comments:

Post a Comment