Tuesday, June 18, 2019

               BLOG 15 - 6/17/2019                                                            English / Español

When basic training ended at Fort Campbell, Kentucky, the army had not yet cut my orders to be shipped to Fort Gordon, Georgia. For two weeks, I waited for my orders to be cut. In the meantime, something happened that nearly shook me out of my boots. Another soldier, who I never had met in Company A, approached me when I stood in front of my barracks. "Sir, I have watched you throughout basic training. I believe you must be a Christian." Suddenly, it came to my mind, what if I had done some of the bad things I was tempted to do in basic training. Then what? What kind of influence would I have had on that soldier from Company A?

We don't live on a lonely island. Somebody is watching us all the time. We may not realize it. We might not even know the person. The example we set by our lives can have either a negative or positive influence on somebody else..

The Bible says God is always watching us. When I looked at my life as if from "the other end of the tunnel," I became more aware of some of the things God had done to protect me. His Spirit has worked in my life in such a way that He has been able to accomplish things in me that otherwise were impossible.

                                                                       "The Memoirs of One Man's Journey Through Time"
                                                                                                                         cpaulwooderson.com  


Cuando el entrenamiento básico terminó en Fort Campbell, Kentucky, el ejército aún no había cortado mis órdenes de ser enviado a Fort Gordon, Georgia. Durante dos semanas, esperé a que se cortaran mis órdenes. Mientras tanto, sucedió algo que casi me sacó de las botas. Otro soldado, al que nunca conocido en la Compañía A, se me acercó cuando me paré frente a mi cuartel. "Señor, lo he visto a lo largo del entrenamiento básico. Creo que debes ser Cristiano." De repente, me vino a la mente, ¿qué pasaría si hubiera hecho algunas de las cosas malas que estaba tentado a hacer en el entrenamiento básico. ¿Y luego qué? ¿Qué clase de influencia habría tenido en ese soldado de la Compañía A?

No vivimos en una isla solitaria. Alguien nos está observando todo el tiempo. Tal vez no nos demos cuenta. Quizá ni siguiera conozcamos a la persona. El ejemplo que damos por nuestras vidas puede tener una influencia negativa o positiva en otra persona.

La Biblia dice que Dios siempre nos está observando. Cuando miré mi vida como si fuera "el otro extremo del túnel", me volví más consciente de algunas de las cosas que Dios había hecho para protegerme. Su Espíritu ha trabajado en mi vida de tal manera que ha sido capaz de lograr cosas en mí que de otra manera eran imposibles.    

No comments:

Post a Comment