Wednesday, August 21, 2019

BLOG 24 - 8/21/2019                                                                                         English/ Español

When I was in basic training at Ft. Campbell, Kentucky, I had to do chin-ups before I ate. Each time the D.I. (Drill Instructor) told me how many chin-ups I had to do. I never had the physical strength to do the required number. In time, if I had spent more time to make myself stronger maybe I could have succeeded.

The Bible tells us we have two natures. We have a human nature and we have a spiritual nature. Physical strength is a part of our human nature. Spiritual strength comes from God.

"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God" (Matthew 5:8, NIV). In the Greek, the word for "pure" means "clean." For instance, to be free of bad thoughts, to be free of evil actions, or to have a right relationship with God.

I have never physically seen God. However, He has a way of making His presence known. In that sense, I can say the purer in heart we become, the more clearly we will see God.

                                                                       "The Memoirs of One Man's Journey Through Time"
                                                                                          Website: cpaulwooderson.com


Cuando estaba en entrenamiento básico en Ft. Campbell, Kentucky, tuve que hacer chin-ups antes de comer. Cada vez que el D.I. (instructor de perforación) me decía cuántas barbillas tenía que hacer. Nunca tuve la fuerza física para hacer el número requerido. Con el tiempo, si hubiera pasado más tiempo para hacerme más fuerte tal vez podría haber tenido éxito.  

La Biblia nos dice que tenemos dos naturalezas. Tenemos una naturaleza humana y una naturaleza
espiritual. La fuerza física es parte de nuestra naturaleza humana. La fortaleza espiritual viene de Dios.

"Dichosos los de corazón limpio, porque ellos verán a Dios." (Mateo 5:8, NVI). En griego, la palabra "puro" significa "limpio". Por ejemplo, estar libre de malos pensamientos, estar libre de acciones malignas o tener una relación correcta con Dios.

Nunca he visto físicamente a Dios. Sin embargo, tiene una manera de hacer que Su presencia sea conocida. En ese sentido, puedo decir que cuanto más puros de corazón nos volvemos, más claramente veremos a Dios.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you what short powerful teachings, God bless you more in Jesus name.

    Pst. Septimus Hamelburg

    ReplyDelete