Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Have you ever heard "there is nothing to fear but fear itself?" Have you ever feared something so much that it changed your behavior? Did you ever overcome your fear?

On the farm, Grandpa Wooderson had a quarter-horse that was part thoroughbred. Her name was Caroline. I loved to watch her run because she could "run like the wind." I wanted to ride her, but Caroline had a mind of her own. If she didn't want you on her back, she had a way of getting rid of you.

When I fed Caroline, I always went down to the barn to get a handful of corn. I always stood on the other side of the gate to feed her. One day, I said to myself, "this is ridiculous. I don't need to be afraid of that horse. I am big enough to stand on the same side of the gate." Guess what? I regretted I made that decision. The rest of the story is in the book, "The Memoirs of One Man's Journey Through Time." Website: cpaulwooderson.com

The word "fear" has two meanings in the Bible. 1. Fear in the sense of being afraid, and 2. fear in the sense of reverence. There are times I still feel afraid, but I have learned if I put my faith in God, He can take away my fear.


¿Alguna vez has oído "no hay nada que temer, pero el miedo en sí mismo? ¿Alguna vez has temido algo tanto que cambió tu comportamiento? ¿Superaste tu miedo?

En la granja, el abuelo Wooderson tenia un cuarto de caballo que era purasangre. Se llamaba Caroline. Me encantaba verla correr porque podía "correr como el viento." Quería montarla, pero Caroline tenía una mente propia. Si ella no te quería en su espalda, ella tenía una manera de deshacerse de ti.

Cuando alimenté a Caroline, siempre fui al granero a buscar un puñado de maíz. Siempre me paré en el otro lado de la puerta para alimentarla. Un día, me dije a mí mismo, "Esto es ridículo. No necesito tener miedo de ese caballo. Soy lo suficientemente grande como para estar en el mismo lado de la puerta. ¿Adivina qué? Lamenté haber tomado esa decision. El resto de la historia está en el libro, "The Memoirs of One Man's Journey Through Time." Sitio web: cpaulwooderson.com

La palabra "miedo" tiene dos significados en la Biblia: 1. miedo en el sentido de tener miedo, y 2. miedo en el sentido de la reverencia. Hay veces que todavía siento miedo, pero he aprendido que si pongo mi fe en Dios, él puede quitarme el miedo.    

No comments:

Post a Comment