Friday, May 17, 2019

BLOG 12 - 5/17/2019                                                                                                 English / Español

When I was in basic training at Fort Campbell, Kentucky, our platoon sergeant sent us on a forced march. We had to double-time for what seemed to be many miles. Along the way, some of my comrades collapsed. My legs became so weak that I could hardly remain on my feet. My body felt like I was about to fall on my face. My side hurt. I felt out of breath. I was afraid I might not make
it to the finish line. The platoon sergeant got in my face and yelled something about how I wasn't man enough to make it to the finish line. I yelled back at him, "I'll drop dead before I quit."

                                      "The Memoirs of One Man's Journey Through Time"
                                                       Website: cpaulwooderson.com

Like it or not we live in an imperfect world. There will be times of pain, trouble, and suffering. None of us are going to be spared. However, the presence and power of God can make a difference in our lives. Romans 8:28 NIV says "God works for the good of those who love him." What does that mean? I think it means if we love Him, we will live the way He wants us to live. His presence and power will co-operate in all things for good with those who love Him. What do you think?


Cuando estaba en el entrenamiento básico en Fort Campbell, Kentucky, nuestro sargento de sección nos envió en una marcha forzada. Tuvimos que doblar el tiempo para lo que parecían ser muchas millas. A lo largo del camino, algunos de mis camaradas se desmayaron. Mis piernas se volvieron tan débiles que apenas podía permanecer en mis pies. Mi cuerpo se sintió como si estuviera a punto a caer en la cara. Me duele el costado. Me sentí sin aliento. Temía que no pudiera ir a la línea de meta. El sargento de sección se metió en mi cara y gritó algo sobre cómo no era lo suficientemente hombre para ir a la meta. Le grité a él, "voy a caer muerto antes de renuciar."

Nos guste o no vivimos en un mundo imperfecto. Habrá momentos de dolor, problemas y sufrimiento. Ninguno de nosotros va a ser salvado. Sin embargo, la presencia y el poder de Dios pueden hacer una diferencia en nuestra vida. Romanos 8:28 NVI dice, "Dios trabaja para el bien de los que lo aman." ¿Qué significa eso? Creo que significa que si lo amamos, viviremos como él quiere que nosotros vivas. Su presencia y poder cooperarán en todas la cosas para bien con los que lo aman. ¿Qué te parece?

No comments:

Post a Comment