Thursday, March 21, 2019

          BLOG - 3/21/2019                                                                                       English / Español

It was on a partly cloudy day in Chicago, Illinois. After the commercial jet lifted off the tarmac
at O'Hare Airport, something happened that made an indelible impression on me. I was amazed how quickly the houses below disappeared. Then I thought of the water in a teapot. When the water came to a boil, I could see the vapor coming out of the spout. The vapor could be seen for a fleeting moment and then it was gone. The experience made me think about the brevity of life. The writer of James tells us life on this earth is brief. My older brother is an example of how brief life can be. He went to bed one night. He didn't know he would die early the next morning. He was only 48 years old.

When God created me, he had a plan and purpose for my life. For many years I decided what I wanted to do with my life. However, I realized if I wanted to live the abundant life that He wants to give me, I must seek to fulfill His plan and purpose.

The Bible says God has a plan and purpose for each of us. What do you think? Are you seeking to fulfill God's plan and purpose for your life?

There have been many twists and turns in my life. My book, "The Memoirs of One Man's Journey Through Time," includes some of those stories.

Website: cpaulwooderson.com

Fue en un día parcialmente nublado en Chicago, Illinois. Después de que el jet comercial se levantó de la pista de aterrizaje en el aeropuerto O'Hare, algo sucedió que hizo una impression indeleble en mí. Me sorprendió cuán rápido desaparecieron las casas de abajo. Entonces pensé en el agua en una tetera. Cuando el agua llegó a ebullición, vi vapor saliendo del pico. El vapor podia ser visto por un momento fugaz y luego se había ido. La experiencia me hizo pensar en la brevedad de la vida.

El escritor de Santiago nos dice que la vida en esta tierra es breve. Mi hermano mayor es un ejemplo de cuán breve puede ser la vida. Se fue a la cama una  noche. No sabía que moriría temprano a la mañana siguiente. Tenía 48 años de edad.

Cuando Dios me creó, tenia un plan y un propósito para mi vida. Durante muchos años decidí lo que quería hacer con mi vida. Sin embargo, me di cuenta de que si quería vivir la vida abundante que él quiere darme, debo procurer cumplir su plan y propósito.

La Biblia dice que Dios tiene un plan y el propósito para cada uno de nosotros. ¿Qué te parece? ¿Estás buscando cumplir el plan y el propósito de Dios para tu vida?

He habido muchos giros y vueltas en my vida. Mi libro, "The Memoirs of One Man's Journey Through Time," incluye algunas de esas historias.

No comments:

Post a Comment