Friday, December 6, 2019

                           THE SEVEN "I AMs" #2                               Blog #35 - 12/6/2019

On one winter night when I was close to the end of my paper route, I saw a purple wreath hanging on a customer's front door. The purple wreath meant somebody in that house had died. Then I saw the casket as it passed in front of me. It was getting dark, and I was afraid of the dark. The shortcut was
through the cemetery. I didn't want to take the shortcut through the cemetery because of my fear of death. Instead, I took the longer route. I ran as fast as I could from streetlight to streetlight. At each streetlight I stopped to catch my breath, then I looked around to see if somebody was out to get me. I did the same thing at each streetlight until I got inside my house.

          Jesus said, "I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness,
                                      but shall have the light of life." (John 8:12, NKJV

The message in John 8:12 refers to our spiritual nature. Jesus is the "light of the world." His "light" shines through spiritual darkness. When we feel lost and we don't know the way we should go His spiritual "light" will help us find the way. We can depend on Him because He is a trustworthy Guide.
He is the way to an abundant and meaningful life. With His "light" shining in our lives we never have to feel alone.

There is something else that we need to know. Jesus said, "He who follows me." What does that mean? If His "light" is to shine upon us we must trust Him. We must fully commit our lives to Him.


                                                                           "The Memoirs of One Man's Journey Through Time"
                                                                                                             Website: cpaulwooderson.com
                                                                                                                                         amazon.com 

1 comment: