Thursday, October 3, 2019

BLOG 30 - 10/3/2019                               The Pure In Heart                            English / Español

The word "pure" in the Bible means "to be clean or have unmixed motives." I have found out that is difficult to do. At times, I have had to ask myself the questions, "Am I serving the Lord to bring glory to Him or am I trying to make myself look good before others? When I serve the Lord are my motives mixed or unmixed?"

In the Bible the "heart" refers to the whole personality which includes the mind, the will, and the emotions. The "pure in heart" have a right relationship with the Lord. They do what is morally right.

In basic training I had an experience "that shook me up from my bootstraps." I was blindfolded. Then I was taken out into an open field. After the blindfold was taken-off I had so many seconds to spot "the enemy." I couldn't do it because I was blinded by a field full of tall grass and weeds. When "the enemy soldiers" stood-up, I saw they weren't that far from me. Suddenly, it dawned upon me in live combat I probably would have been killed.

I couldn't see "the enemy" because of a field full of tall grass and weeds. Neither can a man with a corrupt heart see God. The Bible says, "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God."
Matthew 5:8 (NIV)
                                                                      "The Memoirs of One Man's Journey Through Time"
                                                                                                        Website: cpaulwooderson.com


La palabra "puro" en la Biblia significa "ser limpio o tener motivos no mezclados". He descubierto que es difícil de hacer. A veces, he tenido que hacerme las preguntas: "¿Estoy sirviendo al Señor para traerle gloria o estoy tratando de hacerme ver bien antes que los demás? ¿Cuando sirvo al Señor son mis motivos mezclados o no mezclados?"

En la Biblia el "corazón" se refiere a toda la personalidad que incluye la mente, la voluntad y las emociones. Los "puros de corazón" tienen una relación correcta con el Señor. Hacen lo que es moralmente correcto.

En el entrenamiento básico tuve una experiencia "que me sacudió de mis botas". Tenía los ojos vendados. Luego me sacaron a un campo abierto. Después de que la venda de los ojos fue despegada tuve tantos segundos para detectar "al enemigo". No conseguimos encontrar tu ubicación exacta. Cuando "los soldados enemigos" se pusieron de pie, vi que no estaban tan lejos de mí. De repente, me di cuenta en combate sin vida probablemente me habrían matado.

No podia ver "el enemigo" debido a un campo lleno de hierba alta y malas hierbas. Tampoco un hombre con un corazón corrupto puede ver a Dios. La Biblia dice, "Dichosos los de corazón limpio,
porque ellos verán a Dios". Mateo 5:8 (NVI)  

No comments:

Post a Comment